Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 20

Word of the Day: "Supposedly"

I'm sorry to announce that the highly ranked No. 41 Carthage college fell to the "Supposedly" No. 1 ranked Heidelberg University today. Carthage just ran out of pitching after five games, no pitcher having higher than 7 innings pitched, and a center fielder with an attitude and dad to match. I'm very proud of the fight put up by the red men today, they really fought like a No. 41 team on and off the field. To all our hitters, thank you, I enjoy close games, but if we could possibly try and jump out earlier I wouldn't have to waste my high quality fastballs and we could go straight to the closer. Anyways, good win. One more and its a great trip

#13 congrats on your 4th preserved win of the trip.

El padre de #10, mad props brother, you and your posse of the Mafia and thugs woulda beat that mother fuckers ass!!!!

#2 : totally should have gone with "Say it with your CHEST!" or even "wanna go NIGHT NIGHT?!" Also, if that fence wasn't in my way, I would have been out there taking care of business for you.

Just for the record, I have confirmation that 52 mph never ACTUALLY showed up on the gun, however there were several times when nothing registered. I will assume user error.

Quotes of the day:
"They must take a really shitty BP then"(#30 from the outfield commenting on a parents statement that the pitching was just like BP)
 "I remember when I wasn't 21!"(A well placed quip by #4 after passing Baby Bear carrying a backpack)

Picture of the Day:

"You wanna throw down?"

1 comment: